IMPORTANT PRACTICE INFORMATION – COVID-19:
We are now open for all non-urgent appointments and our opticians welcome you back to our optical to purchase glasses. However, for now, all clients will need to have appointments and will need to pass our pre-screening health questions and temperature checks, and will need to wear face protective covering.
Temporary Business Hours: TUE – FRI 8:30 am – 5:30 pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will not be offering Saturday appointments until further notice (we are tentatively hoping for October 2020). We will also inform you when we no longer need appointments for our optical services. Already purchased contact lens and product pick-ups will be available at our front door without an appointment.
Special Population Tuesdays: Our Tuesday appointments will be reserved for clients that are high-risk and/or > 60 years of age. High risk is classified having an underlying serious health condition such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease, high blood pressure and being immune-compromised (undergoing chemotherapy, or on immuno-suppressant medications).
Confirmation of Appointments: We kindly ask that you please confirm your appointments via our electronic reminders at least 2 days in advance of your appointment, as we can’t continue to operate at reduced capacity with last minute cancellations and reschedules. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us at least a 24-hour notice, so we can offer your appointment to others. There will be $50 cancellation/no-show fee if you are unable to make your appointment without giving us at least 24 hours prior notice.
Telehealth Services: We will continue to provide Telehealth services for quick medical follow-ups of existing treatments, or if you fail our pre-screening health questions but are experiencing eye emergencies.
What will my appointment be like now at Uptown EyeCare? Although all appointments will look and feel a little different right now, we are still the same compassionate providers you have come to know and trust.
* Pre-Screening Health Questions: You will need to honestly answer all of our pre-screening health questions before you make an appointment, as well as before you virtually check-in for your appointment.
* Have you or anyone in your household, or at work, been diagnosed with COVID-19, had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or flu-like symptoms in the past 2 weeks?
* Other than healthcare professionals working in patient care, are you currently providing care for anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or flu-like symptom in the last 2 weeks?
* Are you or anyone in your household currently under voluntary or involuntary quarantine, or have been in the last 2 weeks?
* Have you or any member of your family traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks?
* Virtual Waiting Room & Check-In: After answering “No” to the pre-screening health questions on the day of your appointment, you will need to call/text us from the convenience of your car, or from our practice front door, and we will virtually check you in for your appointment.
* Entering Procedures: Our concierge staff will open the door for you when our practice is clean and safe. We apologize in advance for any delays in our flow and will strive to minimize waiting times. You will need to enter our practice wearing a face protective covering. If you do not have one, we will gladly provide one for you while our supplies allow us to do so. At this time, we will not be able to accommodate extra visitors to accompany you to your appointment unless you are a minor, or an elderly (one parent/guardian/care-taker may be allowed, but will be pre-screened as well). Upon entering, your hands will be immediately disinfected and your temperature will be taken.
Ways we will keep everyone safe at Uptown EyeCare: Our goal is to responsibly and ethically service our clients in the safest, most sanitary environment possible. This is a fluid plan that can change rapidly based on the health of the community as well as any city or state guidelines. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, doctors, and clients.
*Please wear a protective face covering at all times during your appointment. Your providers will do the same!
* Please sanitize your hands before you enter and before you leave our practice. Automatic disinfectant and soap dispensers are available at various check-points at our practice.
* We disinfect all equipment, exam rooms and optical surfaces before and after each patient.
* All glasses are disinfected after any handling so you know they are germ-free.
* Our employees get their temperature checked at the start of each day.
* We limit our maximum practice occupancy to comply with safety guidelines and social distancing rules.
* We have temporarily removed all magazines, brochures and candy from our practice for your safety.
Ways you can support us: Like most businesses, we have been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and we ask for your support to keep your local optometry business healthy and strong long into the future. You can support us by:
- Scheduling your annual wellness eye exams and medical eye appointments.
- Purchasing glasses from us by supporting your local ABO-certified opticians.
- Ordering your annual contact lens supplies from us with free shipping to your home.
- Referring your family, friends and co-workers to our practice.
- Waving at us through our front windows when you walk by!
Thank you for working with us to keep Uptown EyeCare safe for everyone. Please call or text us at 503-228-3838, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer any of your questions or concerns. We will continue to update you on any further changes to our practice policies as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!