Eyeglass Lens Styles
At Uptown EyeCare & Optical we carry a wide variety of exceptional lenses from state of the art manufacturers such as Shamir, Hoya & Essilor. Feel free to call us or stop by for a personalized analysis of your prescription. Our ABO – Certified Opticians will help pair your needs with the latest technology & best materials to give you the best possible viewing experience.
- Single Vision Lenses – Provide vision correction for distance, reading or computer. New digital free-form single vision lenses provide a wider, clearer visual field in all directions of sight for those with higher prescriptions.
- Bifocals and Trifocals– These designs help correct near and distance vision (bifocals); or near, middle and distance vision (trifocals). New digital free-form bifocals provide a wider, clearer visual field in all directions of sight for those with higher prescriptions.
- Progressives (Progressive Addition Lenses) – These designs help with focusing at different distances – from near zones for reading, to intermediate zones for computer work, to distance zones for driving. Progressives have a big job to do and each pair of lenses has to be carefully measured and made for each patient. There are hundreds of different types of progressive lenses out there. Our opticians have the skills to recommend the best progressive lens designs based on your prior experience, lifestyle, prescription, and job requirements.
- Custom and Personalized Free-Form Design Progressives – These revolutionary lenses eliminate the “swimming” and “swaying” sensations so common with ordinary progressive lenses. For the first time ever, wearers experience wide, disturbance-free vision at all distances.
- Anti-Fatigue Lenses – We live in a digital world these days. With the increase in the amount of reading we do on computers, tablets and cell phones, many people are finding it hard on their eyes. More and more patients are complaining of eye strain and fatigue. Anti-fatigue lenses are designed to relieve these symptoms. The upper portion of the lens provides perfect distance vision correction. Then there is a subtle change in power towards the bottom to relieve the strain of near work. These lenses, when paired with an Anti-Reflective Coating, offer tremendous relief to our eyes in today’s visually demanding world.
- Office Lenses / Indoor Progressives – These lenses are true “indoor” extended focus progressives designed for computer users and patients who perform visually intensive work or hobbies. These lenses relieve computer eyestrain, headaches and blurred vision – symptoms that are prevalent among 125 million Americans who suffer from Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), or Visual Fatigue Syndrome (VFS).
- Golf / Sport Progressives – This progressive lens design is designed to work as a 80% distance lens with 10% swing and 10% score card capability. It has a small viewing point on bottom of the lens for near vision, but wide distance and wide ground view, which is optimal for bicyclists, hikers and motorcyclists, as well as golf enthusiasts.
Eyeglass Lens Materials
We offer a wide selection of materials for your lenses depending on your frame selection, prescription strength and your specific lifestyle needs. Here are a few examples:
- Transitions & Drivewear – These adaptive lenses are perfect for those who don’t want to switch from glasses to sunglasses, or for those who spend a lot of time outdoors. The lenses continuously adapt to changing light, bringing out the best in everything you see. Optimizing the amount of light the eyes receive also reduces glare, eye fatigue and eye strain, for more effortless sight. They also block 100% UV-A and UV-B light. There are several types of Transitions (Transitions, Transition XTRActive and Transitions Vantage, Transition Style Colors and Mirrors)- ask our opticians which of these three options would be the best for your lifestyle and activities.
- Optifog – Escape annoying, dangerous fog with the breakthrough technology of Optifog! Combined with the exclusive Optifog Activator, these lenses provide a fog-free vision experience in daily activities at home, work and play.
- Anti-Reflective Treatments – We offer the newest anti-reflective treatments that protect your eyes against the invisible and often irreversible dangers of UV reflection, in addition to combating five enemies of clear vision (glare, scratches, smudges, dust and water) to provide you with the best enduring clarity of vision. They also look better, too! Less glare means fewer reflections so your lenses look virtually invisible and people can see your eyes clearly. Anti-reflective treatments are a must for all spectacle wearers.
Come in today and ask our ABO-Certified Opticians to help you pick out the best frames and lenses for your lifestyle!