Schedule Your Appointment:
We are currently requiring that all clients schedule their appointments for most services (eye examinations and optical services such as styling, ordering & dispensing glasses) during our business hours (Tue – Fri, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm). Please call, text, email, or fill out an Appointment Request through our website and our friendly staff will be happy to schedule you. Already purchased contact lens and product pick-ups will be available without an appointment.
Confirmation of Appointments and Cancellation Policy:
Please read these tips to be fully prepared for your exam appointment and to make the most out of your visit:
- Allow 1 hour for a complete comprehensive examination.
- Ask us for a parking pass if you have a back-to-back appointment with a family member and plan to spend more than an hour at our practice. Please return this parking pass to us after completion of your visit.
- Wear your contacts in for the exam at least 3 hours prior to your appointment, if you would like to renew your prescription.
- Please bring your habitual glasses to your appointment. If you are a new client, please bring in your most recent spectacle and contact lens prescriptions (or contact lens box tops so our providers know what you are currently wearing).
- Our office participates in almost every major insurance plan in the Portland metropolitan area. We will gladly bill your insurance for you if we can verify your coverage and benefits.
- Your insurance card has to be provided to us before the day of your visit, so we have time to verify your benefits.
- Please be prepared to pay co-payments, deductibles, charges for non-covered services when received, and for non-covered materials when ordered. Also, if we are unable to verify your benefits, be prepared to pay in full and be reimbursed by your insurance if applicable.
- Due to the custom-made nature of our product, refunds are generally not available.
- Patients have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much their health care will cost. According to the law, Uptown EyeCare will provide patients who don't have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for their medical items and services.
- Vision vs. Medical Insurance: Vision insurance benefits cover routine eye exams to check eyesight, prescribe eyeglasses, and screen for potential medical eye problems. If a medical eye condition is found, you may need services that are not covered by your vision insurance benefit and an additional appointment may be needed to fully address all your related concerns. We will bill charges for medical eye care to medical insurance if we can verify benefits, but payment at the time of service may be required.
Medical Records Release Forms
The following PDF forms are available for your convenience.
- Send your Uptown EyeCare medical records to another provider.
- Send your previous medical records to Uptown EyeCare.
Please email completed forms to email@example.com