IMPORTANT PRACTICE INFORMATION TO READ BEFORE VISITING US, EFFECTIVE 5/15/21
We are now open for all appointments and our opticians welcome you back to our optical to purchase optical products. For now, all clients will still need to schedule their appointments for all services and have to wear face protective covering while inside our practice.
Our Business Hours: TUE – FRI 8:30 am – 5:30 pm BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will not be offering Saturday appointments until further notice. We will also inform you when we no longer need appointments for our optical services. Already purchased contact lens and product pick-ups will be available at our front door without an appointment.
Confirmation of Appointments: We kindly ask that you please confirm your appointments via our electronic reminders at least 2 days in advance of your appointment, as we can’t continue to operate at reduced capacity with last minute cancellations and reschedules. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us at least a 24-hour notice, so we can offer your appointment to others. There will be $50 cancellation/no-show fee if you are unable to make your appointment without giving us at least 24 hours prior notice.
What will my appointment be like now at Uptown EyeCare? Although all appointments will still look and feel a little different, we are still the same compassionate providers you have come to know and trust. Our front door will remain locked for the time being, but our concierge staff will let you in when we are ready for you. Please wave at us, or call/text us if we do not see you for some reason at the front door. You will still need to wear a face protective covering while indoors (if you do not have one, we will gladly provide one for you). We will ask your COVID-19 vaccination status, your hands will be disinfected and your temperature may be taken.
Ways we will keep everyone safe at Uptown EyeCare: Our goal is to responsibly and ethically service our clients in the safest, most sanitary environment possible. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, doctors, and clients.
*Please wear a protective face covering during your appointment. Your providers will do the same.
* Please sanitize your hands before you enter and before you leave our practice. Automatic disinfectant and soap dispensers are available at various check-points at our practice.
* We disinfect all equipment, exam rooms and optical surfaces before and after each patient.
* All glasses are disinfected after any handling so you know they are germ-free.
* Our employees get their temperature checked at the start of each day.
* We limit our maximum practice occupancy to comply with safety guidelines and social distancing rules.
* We have temporarily removed all magazines, brochures and candy from our practice for your safety.
*Our optical area, exam rooms and staff lunch room has been equipped with a separate HEPA air-purifier for your safety.
Ways you can support us: Like most businesses, we have been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and we ask for your support to keep your local optometry business healthy and strong long into the future. You can support us by:
- Scheduling your annual wellness eye exams and medical eye appointments.
- Purchasing glasses from us by supporting your local ABO-certified opticians.
- Ordering your annual contact lens supplies from us with free shipping to your home.
- Referring your family, friends and co-workers to our practice.
- Waving at us through our front windows when you walk by!
Thank you for working with us to keep Uptown EyeCare safe for everyone. Please call or text us at 503-228-3838, or email us at email@example.com and we can answer any of your questions or concerns. We will continue to update you on any further changes to our practice policies as the situation continues to evolve. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!
- Allow one hour for a complete comprehensive examination.
- Wear your contacts in for the exam at least 3 hours prior to your appointment.
- Bring in spectacle and contact lens prescriptions (or contact lens box tops) along with your current glasses.
- Bring a list of current medications, medical insurance card and the name of your family physician.
- Be prepared to have your eyes dilated.
- If you can’t keep your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment to avoid a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Uptown EyeCare is a pet-free practice, only Guide Dogs accompanying patients are allowed inside the building.
- Our office participates in almost every major insurance plan in the Portland metropolitan area. We will gladly bill your insurance for you if we can verify your coverage and benefits.
- Please be prepared to pay co-payments, deductibles, charges for non-covered services when received, and for non-covered materials when ordered. Also, if we are unable to verify your benefits, be prepared to pay in full and be reimbursed by your insurance if applicable.
- Due to the custom-made nature of our product, refunds are generally not available.
- Vision vs. Medical Insurance: Vision insurance benefits cover routine eye exams to check eyesight, prescribe eyeglasses, and screen for potential medical eye problems. If a medical eye condition is found, you may need services that are not covered by your vision insurance benefit and an additional appointment may be needed to fully address all your related concerns. We will bill charges for medical eye care to medical insurance if we can verify benefits, but payment at the time of service may be required.
Medical Records Release Forms
The following PDF forms are available for your convenience.
- Send your Uptown EyeCare medical records to another provider.
- Send your previous medical records to Uptown EyeCare.
Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org