- Allow one hour for a complete comprehensive examination.
- Wear your contacts in for the exam at least 3 hours prior to your appointment.
- Bring in spectacle and contact lens prescriptions (or contact lens box tops) along with your current glasses.
- Bring a list of current medications, medical insurance card and the name of your family physician.
- Be prepared to have your eyes dilated.
- If you can’t keep your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment to avoid a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Uptown EyeCare is a pet-free practice, only Guide Dogs accompanying patients are allowed inside the building.
- Our office participates in almost every major insurance plan in the Portland metropolitan area. We will gladly bill your insurance for you if we can verify your coverage and benefits.
- Please be prepared to pay co-payments, deductibles, charges for non-covered services when received, and for non-covered materials when ordered. Also, if we are unable to verify your benefits, be prepared to pay in full and be reimbursed by your insurance if applicable.
- Due to the custom-made nature of our product, refunds are generally not available.
- Vision vs. Medical Insurance: Vision insurance benefits cover routine eye exams to check eyesight, prescribe eyeglasses, and screen for potential medical eye problems. If a medical eye condition is found, you may need services that are not covered by your vision insurance benefit and an additional appointment may be needed to fully address all your related concerns. We will bill charges for medical eye care to medical insurance if we can verify benefits, but payment at the time of service may be required.
Medical Records Release Forms
The following PDF forms are available for your convenience.
- Send your Uptown EyeCare medical records to another provider.
- Send your previous medical records to Uptown EyeCare.
Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our practice has a Patient Portal where you can access your eyecare account and read summary of your eye examinations, get your glasses and contact lens prescriptions, as well as directly communicate with your doctor in a HIPAA - compliant fashion.
If you are new to our practice, or to your Portal, please watch the below Tutorial on how to set up and use your Portal. Click Here to Manage Family Access.