Per latest OHA rules, masks are still required in healthcare settings. Therefore, please wear a mask for your appointment and we will do the same. There will be a charge for masks if we need to provide one for you.
Schedule Your Appointment:
We are currently requiring that all clients schedule their appointments for all services (eye examinations and optical services) during our business hours (Tue – Fri, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm). Please call, text, email, or fill out an Appointment Request through our website and our friendly staff will be happy to schedule you. Already purchased contact lens and product pick-ups will be available at our front door without an appointment.
Currently, we are not accepting new eye exam clients, but welcome new optical clients.
Confirmation of Appointments and Cancellation Policy:
We kindly ask that you please confirm your appointments via our electronic reminders at least 2 days in advance of your appointment, as we can’t offer high quality services with last minute cancellations and reschedules. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us at least a 24-hour notice, so we can offer your appointment to others. There will be a $50 cancellation/no-show fee if you are unable to make your appointment without giving us at least 24 hours prior notice.
Our goal is to responsibly and ethically service our clients in the safest, most sanitary environment possible. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, doctors, and clients.
- Please wear a protective face covering during your appointment. Your providers will do the same.
- Please sanitize your hands before you enter and before you leave our practice. Automatic disinfectant and soap dispensers are available at various check-points at our practice.
- We disinfect all equipment, exam rooms and optical surfaces before and after each patient.
- Our optical area, exam rooms and staff lunch room have been equipped with HEPA air-purifiers for your safety.
Please read these tips to be fully prepared for your exam appointment and to make the most out of your visit:
- Allow 1 hour for a complete comprehensive examination.
- Wear your contacts in for the exam at least 3 hours prior to your appointment, if you would like to renew your prescription.
- Bring in spectacle and contact lens prescriptions (or contact lens box tops) along with your current glasses.
- Bring a list of current medications, medical insurance card and the name of your primary care physician.
- Be prepared to have your eyes dilated.
- If you would like to send us your prior records, please fill out the Medical Records Request Form below prior to your appointment.
- We encourage you to sign up for our Electronic Appointment Reminders and our Patient Portal, so you stay up to date with your reminders, recalls and have access to your clinical exam summaries and prescriptions in a timely and HIPPA-compliant fashion.
- Uptown EyeCare is a pet-free practice, only Guide Dogs accompanying low vision patients are allowed inside the building.
- Our office participates in almost every major insurance plan in the Portland metropolitan area. We will gladly bill your insurance for you if we can verify your coverage and benefits.
- Please be prepared to pay co-payments, deductibles, charges for non-covered services when received, and for non-covered materials when ordered. Also, if we are unable to verify your benefits, be prepared to pay in full and be reimbursed by your insurance if applicable.
- Due to the custom-made nature of our product, refunds are generally not available.
- Patients have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much their health care will cost. According to the law, Uptown EyeCare will provide patients who don't have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for their medical items and services.
- Vision vs. Medical Insurance: Vision insurance benefits cover routine eye exams to check eyesight, prescribe eyeglasses, and screen for potential medical eye problems. If a medical eye condition is found, you may need services that are not covered by your vision insurance benefit and an additional appointment may be needed to fully address all your related concerns. We will bill charges for medical eye care to medical insurance if we can verify benefits, but payment at the time of service may be required.
Medical Records Release Forms
The following PDF forms are available for your convenience.
- Send your Uptown EyeCare medical records to another provider.
- Send your previous medical records to Uptown EyeCare.
Please email completed forms to email@example.com